your usual gathering of bizarre and nondescript information
Thanks to castellucci, I found blackholly's column on Why All Good Writing Advice is Bad. Definitely something I needed to see right about now.
lizzb, over at A Chair, a Fireplace, and a Tea Cozy posted her catalog card. The almost-cataloger in me thought this was the coolest thing ever, so of course I have to include mine:
Thanks to the folks over at Catalog Card Generator for thinking this up!
Finally, I'm not sure where I found this--perhaps from halseanderson--but here's a way you can generate your own On Notice board, a la Stephen Colbert.
1) Roger Federer: He's just too damn good, and makes playing tennis look way too easy. Plus, as much as I want to respect and admire the guy, he's sometimes about as fun to watch as corn growing. JMHO.
2) Crickets: As fall draws near in the Mid-Atlantic region, the crickets have begun crawling into the house, looking for warm spots. I spotted a cricket in my bedroom the other evening, and it's still creeping me out.
3) Writer's Block: It sucks. Enough said.
4) You-Know-Who: If I can call Dubya "President", you can call You-Know-Who "Voldemort".
5) Holes in My Socks: I love my socks, but I hate the holes in them.
6) Sadness: Especially when it hits you out of seemingly nowhere, and makes you hyper-sensitive to everything.
7) Broadway Producers: If only I had the money to afford the best seats to all the shows I'd like to see . . .
8) YA Lit Bashers: Even when I can see their points, I still don't like them very much.